Monday, January 11, 2016

The Grand Finale

Here begins the last week of my mission. It's also probably the last email you'll get from me since the library's closed next Monday. It's crazy, and doesn't seem real, but I'm coming to peace with it and I look forward to the awesome things that await this week!

This past week was way cool - we had the new apostle, Elder Renlund, come to our stake and have a special conference. There was a big focus on the Atonement - he had several people come up and bear their testimonies of the Savior, and it was so powerful. They had such incredible stories of how they are making it through super intense trials because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. One guy, in his 30s, told how his wife had died unexpectedly 3 months ago leaving him with 4 kids, the youngest being 4 months old. He said the night she died they pulled all the mattresses downstairs to sleep in the living room together and as he walked past this white board on the wall, there was a note from his wife saying "I love you [with all their names]" and he said that note had gone unnoticed for months, but it was there in the exact moment they needed it. He said how God can turn little things into great things. It was super amazing. Elder Renlund talked about the power of and love of Jesus Christ, it was super powerful. The moment he walked in I had this overwhelming feeling that He is a special witness of Jesus Christ and I knew that he was an apostle. He's a normal person, which I forget that we're all normal people sometimes, but it was amazing to see. He and his wife are super funny. 
 
I also had my exit interview with President this week. It went well. We talked about..alot. haha. but also a lot on how much I've changed, and I can't help but express how grateful I am for that Atonement which has made me a better person. Because of Jesus Christ and His great love for us we can become better people and make it through the times we can't on our own. I have felt that so deeply in the past 18 months, His grace is real. I am SO eternally grateful for my mission and the chance I've had to serve the people here and teach them about that grace and the restored gospel. I know it is true, the Spirit has witnessed to my heart so many times, and I am so grateful for that. 
I am so thankful for my mission. I am not who I was, and I don't intend on going back. It's all about moving forward and being better, and it's only because of my Savior I can do that. I will stand by Him forever and I know He will be with me to strengthen me and guide me. I know He lives, and I thank Him for every day I've had to be a missionary. My mission isn't really ending though - I am not a returning missionary, but I'm returning as a missionary. I'm still Charity Wilson, but I'm a better Charity Wilson. So I hope you keep pushing me and helping me be better. I am so so thankful for the support and love you have given me - it means the world! I love you more than words can express, and I will see you soon! :) 
 
All my love,
Sister Charity Wilson
 
 I love mountains!

 I love this place!

 
At the Northern Zone Conference:
everybody being healthy and Scheer and I were popping open the rice krispie treats

 
 there seems to always be food in the pictures taken of me....


 From the Christmas party: our skit


  
giving our training

No comments:

Post a Comment