Monday, May 18, 2015

Life as of late

Well, Sara is officially getting baptized this weekend! :) We are so excited! She talked to her mom, and it didn't go as well as planned, not encouraging but not discouraging. We hope and pray they will come to her baptism. She is amazing, and doing so well. On a fun note, we were having a lesson at the church on Friday afternoon and heard someone walking up the stairs and we were thinking maybe a building cleaner or something but who should walk in but Dutch! I was completely surprised and I have no idea how he got in or what brought him there but it was so fun and so good to see him :) We're going to lunch with him and the Oly 3rd sisters today! So excited! He is one of the greatest people I know, I just love him so much.
 
We're doing a lot of finding and working with members to find people to teach right now, but it's a little difficult. Members have such a HUGE influence on this work - we're trying to help them realize that. :) I love our wards, though! The YSA is so fun and Oly 1st is "a model ward" as a high councilman said it yesterday... It's interesting for me to be on the flip side of a ward where you see everybody's lives - and you really can't judge anybody. There is so much going on in everybody's life, and their appearance for a few hours at church no matter how strong or weak they seem is pretty invalid when you really get to know them or their situation. I have been able to feel so much love for these people - we really cannot judge anybody. I've been learning to love people as the Savior did, and I think that's where real happiness is - when we have that unconditional love for others, without judgment or bias or pride or anything, but just loving them. 
 
I don't have much time, but I want you all to know that I know this work is true. This is Jesus Christ's Church on the earth, and it contains every bit of truth that Christ Himself established while He was on the earth. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and Thomas S Monson is a prophet today, and that they have the Priesthood and it's power is real. The Book of Mormon truly is another testament of Christ, and I love it with all my heart. Standing for truth and making sacrifices has built my testimony so much, and though it is still growing, I know that for the rest of my life I want to build my life on Jesus Christ and His Gospel - something that nothing can corrupt or take away. This church is true, and it has changed me; it has changed my life. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement is real - it is for you. He knows you and loves you, trust Him. I love you all so very much and wish the best of weeks this week!
 
Sister Wilson   
 
 I live in the most beautiful place in the whole world


No comments:

Post a Comment