Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2

Well, my friends. This week has definitely been an interesting one. 
 
The persecution was pretty heavy, I won't go into details but it got a little tough. On Friday night after a particularly difficult day we asked for blessings from the Elders and that helped - I have such a testimony of the Priesthood. One thing I have definitely been learning through all of this is that Christ really is the only one we can truly rely on. This past week I have been backed up to the wall of faith and had to take my stand on many occasions - I think we had more Anti in the past 3 days than I have the past 3 transfers. At the end of the day I had no where to go but to my Heavenly Father. That is one of the biggest things I have learned thus far (and I still need to be reminded quite often) is that God is our only constant source of help, comfort, strength, and everything it is that we need. He is ALWAYS there, always aware, and always listening. Even and especially in our darkest moments. 
 
I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. I have had my faith tested again and again and whenever it is that I have to ask myself, "is this right?" I always have that affirmation that it is, and nothing else will ever make me as happy as this Gospel does, and as this work does! I have been studying the Atonement and praying for a deeper understanding, and there's a part in Elder Holland's talk "Missionary Work and the Atonement" that stood out to me - he talks about how in doing the work of Christ it is not and should not be easy, because it was never easy for him. I love that it is hard, because it helps me to grow and he helps me become all that I can become and want to become. I still have a long way to go but I know He will be with me every step of the way. 
 
This week I have been pushing our companionship harder than I ever have before, and in our mass amounts of finding efforts we were able to find 3 1/2 new investigators!! We still have a ton of work to do, but things are ever so slowly moving forward. Most of our numbers doubled or tripled this week, so things are improving! Thank you so much for your love and support - you all are amazing and I love you SO MUCH. 
 
Have the best week!
Sister Wilson

 
and here's a pic of me and Sister Tanner and my new found love: Seattle Chocolates

No comments:

Post a Comment