Monday, April 27, 2015

Some things I've learned in 9 months as a sister missionary

So, this week was pretty great! I contemplated a lot on all the things that I've learned in the past 9 months. I think most of all, I've learned (and am still learning) to trust in God. He's proven to me over and over that He's always right and knows the best way, and I'm slowly learning to rely on Him in all things and trust His way. Along with that, I've learned (and am still learning) to accept His will, and as I do so, I find that His desires become my desires, and I feel peace and happiness :) I've learned that when we look to Christ, we don't need to be afraid. Until the day I see my Savior again, I need to remind my soul to "be still.. the Lord is on thy side." I could fill a book with all the learning experiences I've had (that's what a journals for, right?) but I am just forever grateful I am able to be on a mission.

I read about Nephi's family going to the Promised Land the other day, and when they made it to the shore in Bountiful, I'm sure they thought ok great, I like this, milk and honey - yes. BUT God told them that they needed to leave there too (after leaving their wealth and home and life in Jerusalem) and built a ship (not that they knew how) and sail across the ocean for almost a year. Why? Because He had something more in mind for them. Something better was waiting, that He had been preparing for them. And after enduring so much more, they made it to the promised land and "were blessed in abundance" :) But the point is, God has a plan for us. For me, I've come so far, but I've got so far to go and when I think alright, I'm doin ok. I'm doin good. then He throws something to make me grow some more. Nothing good comes easily, it wasn't meant to be easy.

It may not be on the mountain height [but then again it may be]
Or over the stormy sea [but on the other hand it could be]
It may not be at the battle's front [but not all can be in the rear]
My Lord will have need of me [but the point is]
I'll answer dear Lord with my hand in thine: I'll go where you want me to go

We only become the best people we can become when we are put in the refiner's fire and allow Him to shape us and help us. And we're not doing this on our own - His grace is sufficient for all of us! His love and support and encouragement surrounds us constantly, but we have to let Him in. We have the choice. Choose to be happy, to accept Him and I promise He will be there waiting!

Sara is still doing so well, she wasn't able to come to church because she was working a 14 hour shift, but she is talking to her boss about taking Sunday's off forever :) She is SO solid, and is coming to every activity and institute and everything. She is so sweet and we're so excited for her and the changes she's making in her life. We also got to meet with a recent convert, Kelsy, from YSA. She is just going through a rough time and we were able to help her, and some of the things she is enduring I've been through and I was able to bear my testimony to her and help her in a way I understood and we cried together and it was so special. I have never felt so much love for others as I have serving these people. I've tasted a bit of what our Savior feels for us, and I am forever grateful for my mission and the things I am learning and feeling and experiencing.

I love each of you so much and am so so thankful for your love and support! :) I hope you have the greatest week!

Sister Wilson
 
 I got to go on exchange with Sis Rasmussen for the 3rd time, woopwoop!

 we love rainy day highway tracting!
 (and that's a big blueberry field)
 
 

 

 some tracting finds!
 (that huge bell is in fact their doorbell - it works)
 a little snake we found on the side of the road - I got way excited but then realized it was squished

 our nightly floorly planning sesh


 

No comments:

Post a Comment