Monday, November 23, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This was probably one of the busiest and most exhausting weeks ever, haha. We went on 3 exchanges and had a music fireside last night! The fireside was all the way down in Elma (2 hour drive) but it was the last one before me or Jones goes home. So we asked President and the AP's really nice and they said they needed someone to play piano anyway, so we went! It was SO FUN. There were tons of members from Shelton that I love and miss so much and it was the best seeing them all again. Ernie even bore his testimony and told his story! It was so awesome. Going to things like that feels like coming home, I love it so much.
We also found several potentials this week! It's been kind of sparse finding people on the island but this week we got a call from a lady concerned for her nephew who was recently divorced and has lymphoma and he was really interested in learning about the gospel and receiving a Priesthood blessing. We had an appt with him Saturday, but we have to be super healthy to go see him with his illness, and we both woke up not feeling well (and have been super exposed to sick people this week) so we had to reschedule. But there's good potential there! We have been praying for a solid referral all transfer - God answers prayers, guys.
Things are going good, we're keeping busy and having fun. I absolutely love being a missionary and I love the people here with all my heart. 
In the theme of thanksgiving, one of my favorite scriptures describes what I am thankful for:

Alma 26:35-37
35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people... yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.
37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

I am thankful beyond words for my mission and for the people I love so much here and for the experiences I've had. I know that God knows us and the people around us, and He uses us to help Him reach out to them. I have seen miracles happen and I have seen the hand of the Lord so present in my life and many others. I love the Lord. I love His gospel and I love His church. I am so grateful to have the world's greatest family to help me along in life and be there to support me. I am so grateful for the many people who help to build me up and strengthen me and for your examples. I love you all SO much and wish you the happiest of thanksgivings!! 
Sister Wilson 


Sorry I haven't been very good with pictures lately, BUT
we went on lots of exchanges 
and everything has started freezing again!


 Fireside in Elma last night!


I got to play the piano for the last one before I go home :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment