Monday, November 9, 2015

"her spirit animal is an enchilada"

First off, thank you to everybody for the birthday wishes :) It was a good day! We had dinner with  the Ramirez family who invited the Uhl's and Joe Hildebrant's family (he grew up in AZ PV and dated Megan Ogden who is now in our ward and we made some really funny connections there) and it was super fun. They're so great - they made me a cake and everything. I also had deep fried halibut (battered in tequila, it's ok, I'm legal now) (jk it cooked out) which is on my top 10 favorite foods now.


Bainbridge is it's own place, but I love it. We were knocking this lady was nice to us but was veryvery worried about the caterpillars all over her floor and her neighbors throwing them all over her car at night and told us to watch out.. (they were pine needles) Never know what you'll find.

We went to MLC (mission leadership council) this Friday (STL's and zone leaders and President go counsel about what the mission needs once a month) in Tacoma which was way good. We talked a lot of how we can work with members better to get the work going a little faster. It's crazy how much the mission is changing but I'm really excited for it! We also had interviews this week so seeing President and Sister Blatter is always fun :)

If you're wondering about the title of this email, that came from Brother Uhl in reference to his wife who also loves Mexican food a whole lot. It was super funny. The Uhl's are the BEST. I love them. We're teaching their daughter, Madi, the missionary discussions to help us keep the teaching spirit and also so she can know what it's like. She wants to serve a mission, woo! 

Bainbridge Island is super beautiful, and I love it. There's always challenges in life, but I've really come to appreciate the things that I've learned on my mission so far. The past 16 months have changed my outlook on the gospel completely. It's changed me and made me a better and stronger person, and it fills me with so much gratitude to think that God has given me such an amazing opportunity to serve Him here. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I have really come to know Him here. It's the greatest thing I have ever experienced, and I know that some people probably read this and think yeah sure, but I really have so much love and gratitude in thinking back on my mission that I'll never be able to put into words. I love serving and learning and growing. I'm so grateful for the Atonement and all it encompasses so that we can find peace and joy despite the hardships of life. I love the gospel and I know that this is the church of Jesus Christ once again on the earth today. I'm so grateful for living prophets and apostles and all they sacrifice for us and the Lord. Life is good when you have the gospel!

I love you all so much!! Thanks for all you do and have the best week!

Sister Wilson


  our district at Interviews


 I went on my first exchange with Sister Trost this week which was super fun - we got Panera (closest I can get to Paradise Bakery and there's finally one in my zone!) YUM

 We went to a cute crepe shop downtown and they had 11 pound jars of nutella... they're real. They go through that stack in a week.
 
pictures will never do justice, but we see some pretty amazing sunrises from our backyard


  Also Jesse's baptism last week! Yay!! She's so amazing.

    This is Grandma Vail, who we live with :)

Exchanges with Sister Trost and Sister Kramer

No comments:

Post a Comment