Monday, June 1, 2015

There are 2 kinds of people...

"There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those you love, and those you don't know yet" :) Sis Loy has a little missionary quote book I've been obsessing over lately and that was one of my favorites that I loved! 
 
Things are going great here! I told you a bit about Scott last week - and we met with him this past week! He is SO awesome. We had the most amazing lesson and the spirit was SO strong - he came to church yesterday and brought his friend! He would've stayed all 3 hours but his friend wanted to leave.. bummer. but he is so great. He was a math professor at a Texas institute/university/something and so his "logical mind" he says makes it hard to have faith. But I know he will get an answer when he is so sincerely searching. :) I'm so excited for him.
 
Sara is getting baptized this Friday!! YAY! We are so excited!!! We are praying and hoping her mom comes. (her mom wasn't thrilled). We were way bummed yesterday that Ryan couldn't come to church because it was the perfect lesson for him.. #missionarylife. But he's still doing good. 
 
We had interviews with President this week, which were way good. I love interviews and every chance to see President and Sister Blatter! They're the sweetest most wonderful people in the world. I love them to death. I always get such a spiritual boost with them. We also got the confirmation that Sis Loy is really leaving this time - a new Cambodian-speaking missionary is coming in and she's going to train her! So, she actually is leaving June 16 when transfers isn't til June 23, so I'm going to be put in a trio for a week! President asked us where would be a good spot and both of us said Oly 3rd... so I may get to go back there for a week! :)) YAY! I hope so. Either way it will be a fun experience, but I'm super sad to have Loy leave. I can count to 20 and do a door approach and small conversation in Khmer, so she's leaving a good Cambodian-feel here :) I'm picking up on her cooking skills and even bought some things from the Asian market today! (We're also making a Cambodian lunch for district meeting Wednesday, fun!) So. Things are good. Life is great. Being a missionary is my favorite thing in the whole world. This church is so true, the Gospel is such a blessing. I love it more and more every day. I know this is Jesus Christ's Church and that He leads it, and He will lead us if we let Him! He answers prayers and loves us more than we will ever know. I love you all so much! Have the greatest week!!
 
Sister Wilson
 
 
 
 we're not allowed to wear these in public (headbands), so we had fun in the apartment instead

 That's an electric fence. Don't touch it. It hurts.

 these are some things you will find in an Asian market.
(pork blood, duck heads, ox tails, pig feet, chicken feet (buy one talon get 6 free!), fish heads, pig tails, tendons, chicken hearts and gizzards, and more!)


 I'm in love with Mt Rainier

 If you ever wanted to know, this is what "California" looks like in Khmer.



 Sister Loy taught me how to make leaf-necklaces

 I love the harbor!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment